All you need are quinces, water, sugar, an orange and a lemon, eggs and butter, plus some sterilised jars for the curd.
- 500 g peeled diced quince
- 400 g sugar
- 1 small piece of orange zest
- 1 small piece of lemon zest
- 4 eggs
- 150 g butter
- Place the sugar, quince pieces and zest in a pot and barely cover with water
- Bring to the boil, stirring, then simmer till the mixture takes on the characteristic quince pink hue. (By this time the pieces of fruit should be soft)
- Remove from heat, then immediately whisk in eggs and butter. Combine well.
- Pour into sterilised jars and seal the jars when cold
- Store in the fridge