It’s easy enough to boil an egg isn’t it? You may be surprised at the number of people who don’t know how to.
- Put your eggs in a saucepan and add enough water to cover the eggs – a couple of centimetres.
- Bring eggs to a boil over medium heat.
- Remove from heat and cover the pot.
- Let stand for 12 minutes.
- Drain and transfer eggs into bowl of ice water until cool enough to handle (about 5-10 minutes).
Eggs can be refrigerated up to one week.
How to Peel the Eggs
Once your eggs are cool, peel the shell off from the larger end. Since that’s where the air pocket is located, it’ll be much easier to slip your fingers underneath the shell and remove it in larger pieces.
If you’re still struggling, peel the eggs under cold running water, which will help separate the shell from the egg.