It’s simple to make your own wool wash and then you have the added advantage of knowing exactly what’s in it.
- 2 cups of grated soap (I like the old fashioned Velvet)
- 1/2 cup methylated spirits
- 1 tablespoon eucalyptus oil
- Add all the ingredients into a jar and shake well
- Store in a jar with the lid firmly sealed
Add two tablespoons to your washing machine on the gentle or wool cycle.
Add a cup of vinegar to the fabric softener section. Don’t worry, your woollies won’t smell like vinegar!