Garam Masala, the dry-spice mixture very popular in Indian cuisine, is a warming, aromatic blend of cardamom, cloves, cumin, coriander, cinnamon and black peppercorns, and it goes well with anything, especially vegetables. I like to add a little nutmeg to my mix.
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Mix them up and store in an airtight jar.
Also handy – curry powder – How to make curry powder